We are a non-profit group of Volunteers dedicated to making a difference in our Community in the Healthcare field. We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at the Mill Bay League Community Hall from 1PM to 2PM, except July and August. December and June meetings are potluck at a member’s home.
We work together to raise funds for worthwhile causes. We hold annual events* where the proceeds go directly to Hospice, or/and purchasing equipment for Cowichan District Hospital or Cairnsmore Place in Duncan, among others. Our members donate time and efforts to Cairnsmore, the hospital Gift shop, and the HATS thrift shop.
We also offer a bursary each year to a local grade 12 student going into the medical field. We subsidize coffee in the oncology department at Cowichan District Hospital, etc…
In the process, we have formed lasting friendships, gained worthwhile experience and have discovered our own inner strengths.
*Events were curtailed during the pandemic but will be resuming soon (we hope):
- Lemon and Lavender Vintage Tea March or April
- Purdy’s Fundraiser at Easter
- Strawberry Tea and lunch at the Community Flower and Garden Show in June
- Beer and Burger and Silent Auction in the Fall (and Winter)
- Mill Bay Crafts and Gift Fair in December
- Thrifty Foods Smile Cards
- Country Grocer receipts program
- Co-Op gas number
- Online sales of big items donations
2022 will be our 50th anniversary.